Paul Gascoigne and Eric Tanner can apply their legal skills to the task at hand while wearing gumboots on their feet – (and often do, visiting clients on their own patch). Both have experience in the actual operation of farms, which adds a real pragmatism to their approach with clients over legal or business issues. Magill Earl people also understand that in the Rural sector, success now demands high levels of technological and business sophistication.
Paul and Eric now carry on the expertise developed by Terry Magill, providing advice on mitigating the effects of farming effluent and assisting clients who breach the law and face potentially heavy fines and other penalties, under the Resource Management Act.
We have many clients in the farming and horse breeding and racing industries. That’s why we have built up an enviable reputation for knowing how to give practical and helpful advice to the Rural sector.
Some examples of the sorts of work we undertake in this major practice area;
- Buying selling and leasing farms and farmland
- Subdivision and development of rural land
- Financing of farms and farming equipment
- Farm syndication
- Sharemilking agreements
- Dairy Company shares
- Fonterra shares
- Employment agreements
- Grazing and cropping agreements
- Forestry rights agreements
- Forestry joint ventures
- Partnership Agreements
- Resource Management consent application
- Resource Management Act compliance
- Overseas Investment Applications